- This event has passed.
Back to the Future of Healthcare – Symposium
April 6, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pmFree – $100.00
The Wichita Area Health Underwriters presents their 7th Annual Healthcare Symposium, “Back to the Future of Healthcare”.
Health insurance will face significant changes once again in 2017. The seminar will explore:
- Legal insights and current issues affecting healthcare and the Affordable Care Act.
- Presented by Foulston Siefkin & National Association of Health Underwriters
- The future of Rx and how best to manage the high cost of prescription drugs.
- Presented by MedTrak
- How Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs or healthcare organizations utilizing alternate payments tied to quality metrics) are changing health care nationally and locally. Presenters will include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
- United Healthcare
- Via Christi Health Systems
- Wesley Medical Center
- Healthcare in Action
This year’s event will feature Keynote speaker Jared Estes, who survived a devastating fire after being struck by a drunk driver. Jared barely escaped death as he suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on half of his body, while his new bride was killed in the crash. During Jared’s long recovery, he became depressed, but through the devastation was able to gain new perspective and find the value of gratitude, forgiveness and perseverance. Among the valuable lessons Jared will share, his presentation will inspire overcoming tragedy, setting goals, relying on your team, considering others in your choices, and not taking “no” for an answer.
Registration and buffet breakfast begins at 7:30, with the program lasting from 8:00-4:30.
Cost to attend is $75 for WAHU members and $100 for non-members.
Register now at mywahu.org
Life & Health/Ethics CE Credit: Earn 7 hours of Life & Health and 1 hour Ethics credit
SHRM CE Credit: Earn 7 hours
HRCI CE Credit: Earn 6 hours